Choosing the Best Insulation for Your Home
Building, buying or renovating a home is a major investment. Spray foam insulation—and masonry foam insulation for homes with concrete block walls—provide several benefits not available with “standard” fiberglass or cellulose insulation. First and foremost, foam insulation can save you thousands of dollars in energy costs over the life of your home.
Important Questions to Ask Yourself
- Is an energy efficient home important to you?
- Do you know that heating and cooling usually accounts for 40–50% of your home’s annual energy use?
- Do you know that fiberglass or cellulose insulation cannot stop air leakage through walls and ceilings, which accounts for up to 40% of your home’s annual heating and cooling energy use?
- Are allergies—and indoor air quality—a special concern for your family?
- Is your home located near a noisy highway or airport flight path?
- Do you live in a high wind zone where windstorm mitigation home improvements—like closed-cell spray foam insulation—can earn big discounts on your homeowners insurance premiums?