Icynene offers an array of light and medium density spray foam insulation products that are ideal for both residential and commercial construction. All of Icynene’s light density spray foam products are 100% water-blown and contain no harmful blowing agents that can compromise indoor air quality. Plus, Icynene’s newest medium-density closed cell product, ProSeal Eco, is 100% water blown. It’s the first spray foam product of its kind in the world.
Icynene Classic™ (LD-C-50®) is the product that made the Icynene name synonymous with superior quality, open-cell, 0.5 lb., light density spray foam insulation. Icynene Classic™ has been used in thousands of projects for over 25 years and is the industry benchmark for quality and innovation by which all other light density insulation products should be judged.
- Light density, open-cell structure
- R-Value - 3.7 per inch (see chart below)
- Original Icynene formulation of 25+ years
- Vapor permeable, supports bi-directional drying of assemblies
- Not a food source for mold
- Soft, flexible composition maintains an air seal even after seasonal expansion/contraction of building assembly
- Air impermeable material resists convective heat and moisture flow
- Suitable for interior cavity fill applications
- Rejects bulk water
- Lower cost per unit of R-value than closed-cell foam products
- Low global warming potential (GWP of 1)
- Superior cold temperature adhesion to multiple substrates
Icynene Classic Max™
Icynene Classic Max™ is the industry’s safest and most economical spray foam insulation option available for builders and homeowners looking to protect their homes from the risk of attic fires spreading. Icynene goes beyond the industry standard with End Use Configuration testing.
No other spray foam insulation product has been as extensively fire tested, nor performs like Icynene Classic Max™. In collaboration with the ICC Evaluation Service (ICC-ES) and an ICC-ES accredited fire consultant, Icynene developed a series of comprehensive end use tests and computer modelling that meet the industry’s ASTM E84 requirements. Only End Use configuration testing can simulate actual attic fires.
icynene classic max™
Icynene Classic Max™ is recognized by the ICC-ES as an ignition barrier free product.
Since unvented attics represent a significant portion of residential spray foam applications, an ignition barrier free product is a more cost effective application, enabling installation in more homes without delay to construction schedules.
Plus, a one-step application eliminates the need for additional visits and removes the difficulty of applying an ignition barrier as well as the liability of a poorly installed ignition barrier.
When compared to competitive sucrose-based products available on the market, Icynene Classic Max™:
- Achieves up to 50% higher yield upon application
- Has greater sprayability, meaning no dripping or shrinkage when sprayed
- Has a wide temperature range for applications, making it suitable for any climate
- Is not considered a food source for pests
Icynene Classic Plus™
Icynene Classic Plus™ is a high R-Value open cell innovation from Icynene that lets you achieve R-22 in 2x6 wall assemblies. Icynene Classic Plus™ is simply the best in class open-cell spray foam product available on the market with High R-Value (Ideal for building types I-V), remarkable adhesion to allow for layering and ability to maintain its water repellant characteristics. Icynene Classic Plus™ lets you meet and exceed the latest regional and national building codes.
No other open-cell spray foam product matches the superior performance of Icynene Classic Plus™. With an incredible R-Value of 4 per inch, Icynene Classic Plus™ is ideal for architects and builders in areas requiring a higher R-value to meet the latest building code requirements.
- Offers the best in class R-Value: R-4 per inch
- Achieve R-22 in a 2 × 6 wall assembly
- Higher density foam - 0.7lbs/ft3 Superior Performance
- New formula virtually eliminates air pocketing
- Excellent adhesion
- Ideal for use on a broad range of substrates, temperatures and humidity conditions
- Achieves up to 16,500 board feet, offering excellent board foot economics
- Easier spray control to help reduce waste and extra labor
- No limitations of thickness per pass
- One year shelf life
- Absorbs less than 5% of water by volume
- Provides code compliant assemblies for areas requiring higher R-value per inch, in particular northeastern and north-western US climate zones.
Icynene Classic Eco
Icynene Classic Eco™ (LD-R-50®) is a renewable based, 0.5 lb., 100% water-blown spray foam insulation and air barrier material. Icynene Classic Eco™ exceeds the renewable content specification set by the USDA BioPreferredSM program and ICC-SAVE. Using high-yield castor oil material, Icynene Classic Eco™ reduces the need for petroleum-based polyol. Castor oil is a natural ingredient that is safe enough for use in personal care products such as lip balm.
Icynene Classic Eco™ is an environmentally preferable product that is 100% water-blown and free from HFCs and PBDEs. It insulates and air-seals in one step for maximum energy conservation while minimizing the environmental impact during manufacturing and construction.
CASTOR OIL: Environmental Overview
- Castor oil is 100% naturally filtered, no chemical additives required.
- Castor crops are non-irrigated (relying only on natural rainfall), saving scarce water supplies.
- Castor beans do not require pesticides or fungicides.
- Production process has low energy dependence, consisting of simply de-husking and pressing
- Harvesting of castor oil is manual.
- The castor oil used has a yield (by weight) of about 40% vs. about 17% yield for soya oil.
- Castor beans do not compete with food crops, as castor plants can be grown on marginal lands, which are not competitive with food production lands.
- Castor is a rapidly renewable material, as per USGBC definition, requiring a 10-year or less re-growth time period.
Icynene Classic Eco™ meets prerequisites and may contribute towards these LEED for Homes points:
With an industry high R-value of R-7 per inch, the next generation closed-cell medium density spray foam insulation from the industry leader sets a new benchmark in excellence. Icynene ProSeal™ offers a high R-value and improved yield designed to help builders meet the latest building code requirements. Its all-season formulation lets you spray at 23°F to meet today’s building code requirements in all climate zones.
Plus, the improved formulation provides a greater application yield (average yield of 4,750 board feet) and allows for an initial 3” pass. No other closed-cell medium density spray foam insulation product can match the advanced performance of Icynene ProSeal™.
Icynene ProSeal Eco™
A revolutionary new spray foam insulation, Icynene ProSeal Eco™ is the world’s only environmentally responsible 100% water blown closed-cell spray foam. With no synthetic blowing agent, Icynene ProSeal Eco™ has significantly expanded the possibilities of commercial wall assembly applications. Icynene ProSeal Eco™ offers more design flexibility thanks to its NFPA 285 approvals and its characteristics qualifying as ASHRAE 90.1-compliant and continuous insulation and air barrier. Plus, Icynene ProSeal Eco™ has been tested in a range of ASTM E119 approved wall assemblies with the most cost effective materials resulting in the broadest range of application possibilities. Additional testing on specific wall assemblies to achieve up to a three (3) hour fire rating makes Icynene ProSeal Eco™ ideal for use in high-occupancy designs such as healthcare facilities, multi-residential buildings, educational facilities and other insititutional structures.
Icynene’s leading closed-cell, medium-density spray foam insulation product, Icynene MD-C-200®, is a one-step performance material which both insulates and air seals a building for the lifetime of the structure. Icynene MD-C-200® is air-impermeable with a built-in vapor retarder and is guaranteed to perform as specified for the life of the building. This robust closed-cell spray foam insulation expands the comfort zone with benefits such as:
Icynene MD-C-200® offers a solution suitable for applications in various climates and altitudes. Because of its high R-value, it is also highly suited for colder climates. In unvented attics, it does not require either a vapor retarder or ignition barrier coating.